- School News
Reminder: Due to repairs that need to be done in the ceiling of the main entrance vestibule, the front entrance to the school will be closed next Wednesday, March 4 through Friday, March 6.
Bernard Zell Parent-Teacher Conferences will be taking place for all grade levels on Wednesday, March 4 and Thursday, March 5. Please note that on Wednesday, March 4 there is no After-School programming and on Thursday, March 5 and Friday, March 6, there is no school for students.
Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences Schedule:
Wednesday, March 4 (No After-School Programming)
4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 5 (No School)
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday, March 6 (No School) Sign-Up for Day-Off Camp
Faculty Professional Development Day
If you are unable to attend Parent-Teacher Conferences on these dates, please contact your Division Head(s). We look forward to seeing you and appreciate the opportunity to partner with you in your child's education.
Babysitting During Spring Conferences
We are pleased to offer our families babysitting services during the Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences. This service is available to students in Nursery - 4th grade on Wednesday, March 4 from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. and on Thursday, March 5 from 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Babysitting will be in the 4th-floor gym. Students will be provided with art activities, games and movies.
Pre-paid registration is available at a $20/child flat rate. Please follow this link containing directions on how to register through our Campbrain system. Drop-in registration is also available at $25/child.
Things to know:
- Babysitting is exclusively for the times during which parents are on campus engaged in their conferences. Thus, parents may not leave the building.
- This service is made available for BZ students only. We are not able to provide care for siblings who are not yet students at BZ.
- No outside food is allowed.
- Students are welcome to bring activities reflecting their own interests but we ask for no electronics.
Day off Camp on Friday, March 6 (Faculty Professional Development Day)
We are pleased to offer a Bernard Zell Camp Day for our Early Childhood and Lower School BZ students on Friday, March 6! The day will consist of planned activities such as art, outdoor field time, lunch, planned indoor gym time and much more. It will be staffed by the familiar faces of our BZ Before/Beyond program.
Things to know:
- The program will run from 7:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- The cost for this program is only $100 per student. To register, please click here.
- Due to space restrictions, we have limited enrollment so register early to save your spot!
- Registration will open this Friday, February 14 at 10:00 a.m. Payment is due at the time of sign-up and is non-refundable.
- Register under “Day off Camps”.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Johnny Krug, Auxiliary Program Manager, with any questions.