Fall 2021 FAQs
Throughout the school year, Bernard Zell will use this space to continue addressing questions. If you have a question, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where can I find a complete list of COVID-19 testing days?
- WHAT IS A COVID-19 SURVEILLANCE TEST AND WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- WHAT IS A COVID-19 DIAGNOSTIC TEST? WHO IS ELIGIBLE? HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM A SURVEILLANCE TEST?
- HOW DO I COLLECT A SAMPLE?
- WHAT DO I DO IF I LOSE MY PACKET?
- HOW AND WHEN WILL PARENTS BE NOTIFIED IF THERE IS A POSITIVE COVID-19 SCREENING RESULT?
- CAN THEIR SIBLINGS ATTEND SCHOOL?
- HOW WILL MY CHILD’S PRIVACY BE PROTECTED?
- WHO IS SAFEGUARD SURVEILLANCE?
- WHAT’S THE SENSITIVITY OF THIS TEST?
- CAN I RECEIVE EMAIL UPDATES ON SURVEILLANCE TESTING?
- IF THERE’S A REFERRAL TO DIAGNOSTIC TESTING, WILL THE WHOLE COHORT GO HOME?
COVID-19 surveillance tests are due 8:30 a.m. on the following dates:
Monday, October 4, 2021
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Monday, October 11, 2021
Thursday, October 14, 2021
Monday, October 18, 2021
Thursday, October 21, 2021
Monday, October 25, 2021
Thursday, October 28, 2021
Monday, November 1, 2021
Thursday, November 4, 2021
Monday, November 8, 2021
Thursday, November 11, 2021
Monday, November 15, 2021
Thursday, November 18, 2021
Thursday, November 25, 2021
Monday, November 29, 2021
Thursday, December 2, 2021
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Thursday, December 30, 2021
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Thursday, January 6, 2022
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Wednesday, February 2, 2022
Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Monday, February 21, 2022
Monday, February 28, 2022
Thursday, March 3, 2022
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Wednesday, March 16, 2022
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Monday, April 25, 2022
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Thursday, April 28, 2022
Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- Q: Will there be an online learning option for students required to stay home or whose parents are not yet comfortable sending their children back to school?
- Q: Can you tell me more about what lunch will look like this year?
- Q: How do I notify the school if my child has been exposed to COVID or if they or a member of our family tests positive? How will I be notified if a member of the school community or my child’s cohort tests positive for COVID?
- Q: Do I have to quarantine for two weeks before the start of school? What if my family has a vacation planned to Wisconsin, Florida, California or any of the other states currently covered under Chicago’s Emergency Travel Order?
- Q: How will students and teachers remain safe in an indoor environment for the full day? What steps have you taken to clean and circulate air throughout the school facility?
- Q: Is it recommended that parents not enroll their children in extracurricular programs, sports leagues or have playdates with individuals outside of their Bernard Zell cohort?
- Q: Do students and faculty need to have a negative COVID-19 test in order to attend school?
- Q: Will children be screened upon arrival to school?
- Q: How will the school handle a student who is coughing, exhibits cold symptoms or has seasonal allergies?
- Q: Will there be a separate area in the nurse's office for routine health concerns, removed from those that might present with symptoms of COVID?
- Q: Is there a policy on mask wearing for students?
- Q: What happens if my student forgets to bring a mask? Will the school provide one?
- Q: Have face shields been deemed safe/protective?
- Q: How many students are allowed to be in a single classroom during instruction?
- Q: How long are young students going to be expected to sit in their assigned seats in their classrooms?
- Q: Will art rooms and music rooms be able to be used for class as normal?
- Q: Will you still be allowing parent volunteers into the school building?