WHAT DO STUDENTS NEED TO KNOW IN THE YEAR 2020? 2025? 2030?
It's a big question we are not afraid to tackle.
We believe Bernard Zell students should be engaged in a dynamic, forward-looking curriculum that strengthens and inspires their curiosity, critical thinking and creativity.
We help our students to become risk takers and resilient. Collaborative and compassionate. And when they graduate from Bernard Zell - they know how to think for themselves and stand up for others.
HERE'S HOW WE ENSURE THIS HAPPENS:
1. Reaffirm the school's Educational Philosophy and ensure educational excellence at all levels of the school, with clear measurable outcomes.
2. Ensure the seamless continuity of a curriculum that highlights curiosity, growth mindset, creativity, risk-taking, critical thinking and resilience.
3. Develop and integrate an experiential, relevant and innovative approach to Jewish Studies, life and learning in a way that enriches lives with joy, fulfillment, meaning, purpose and a love of Israel.
4. Create a full complement of enriching and supportive programs to help each student reach his/her fullest potential.
5. Continue to invest in outstanding arts, music, drama and physical education programs to enable students to grow their talents and creative expression.
IMAGINE BZ 2020
Bernard Zell's values driven, interdisciplinary curriculum creates a high-performance, high-compassion student. We inspire deep questioning, boundless creativity, and lasting empathy -the best way to prepare our students for high school, college and the world ahead.
"When I think about what we're really doing here at Bernard Zell, it's bigger than just academics. We get students ready to face the unknown. We help them develop a robust toolbox filled with the skills they need to cut through life's challenges. We are developing confident learners who know how to ask the right questions."
- Deanna McBeath, Middle School Faculty