Tuition Assistance Checklist & FAQs
All families requesting tuition assistance must submit an application through Smart Tuition Aid. Please review the checklist below and be mindful of the deadline. Returning families should be sure to select the correct year (2020-2021) when submitting their application.
December 31, 2020: Tuition assistance applications are due for all current and applicant families.
It is vital that applications be received by the deadline, as the school cannot guarantee assistance funding will be available after this time.
Tuition Assistance Checklist
1. Submit your application to Bernard Zell.
Complete all parts of the application, which is provided by Smart Tuition Aid. Before completing the form, carefully read all instructions. Any omission on the application will result in a delay in awarding tuition assistance.
- Please visit www.smartaidforparents.com. Register as a New User or access your account.
- Enter a valid email address and a password of your choice.
- Once you are confirmed with a username and password, you will be logged in and can start the application process.
- When prompted, please use the following school ID code: 12495.
For assistance in filling out the application or retrieving login information you can contact Smart either by phone at 1-800-360-8027 or by e-mail at email@example.com. No paper applications will be available. When applying through Smart Tuition Aid, you may submit required documentation directly through Smart Tuition or use the school's secure web portal.
*Please note: your federal income taxes do not need to be complete in order to fill out the tuition assistance application.
2. Submit supporting documentation to Smart Tuition Aid by application deadline (see above).
All applications submitted require the below documentation in order to be reviewed. Applications received without the requested documentation will not be processed.
- Most recent pay-stubs and W2 statements for all jobs
- Most recently filed federal tax form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules
- Most recently filed business tax return, 1041, 1065, 1120, or 1120S (if applicable)
- Any supplemental income documentation. Ex: 1099 forms, social security, welfare, food stamps, unemployment, child support, workers compensation, veteran benefits, rental income, etc.
Please send these items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (610)-599-8633. This email address and fax line are for documentation only.
If you prefer to use postal mail, please mail documentation to:
Smart Tuition Aid
PO Box 25116
Lehigh Valley PA 18002
- Will my family qualify? How are awards determined?
- How does applying for tuition assistance affect the admissions process?
- What documentation will I need if I am filing an extension on my taxes?
- What are the procedures for divorced/separated families?
- What supporting documentation is required to apply for tuition assistance?
- If I have further questions, who can I contact?