- To teach students to be effective, ethical users of information
- To provide thorough instruction on the most up-to-date technologies and 21st century skills
- To support all aspects of the school curriculum
- To foster and promote research skills, literacy, leadership, critical thinking, inquiry, self-reflection, curiosity and effective problem-solving among all students
- To cultivate a positive attitude toward libraries and learning
- To establish a dynamic physical space that is inviting, vibrant and an enjoyable, desirable place to spend time
- To provide a thorough, varied collection of both printed and electronic materials that support school and national standards as well as reading for research and for pleasure
- To support the ongoing professional needs of teachers with professional development resources, presentations and opportunities
- To strengthen the emotional, social and intellectual connection between our library and the entire school community
Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
The Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School library is committed to providing students, faculty and the community with access to a variety of materials and resources that promote collaboration, critical thinking, curiosity and creativity. The library provides a nurturing, inviting environment that encourages a love of reading and learning.
The library welcomes parent volunteers. Volunteers perform a variety of support tasks that contribute to the smooth running of the library. Email Rena Citrin
or call her at 773-281-1858 ext. 227 if you are interested. You don't need to give a lot of time to make a difference.